- A walrus attacked and sunk a Russian Navy landing boat…
The walrus sank the boat. (Recruit that pinniped, Marines!) Sunk is the participle.
- I sink, I sank, I have sunk.
- I drink, I drank, I have drunk.
- I shrink, I shrank, I have shrunk.
These are the only words I can think of that work this way. It’s not:
- It’s not: I think, I thank, I have thunk.
- It’s not: I clink, I clank, I have clunk.
- And it’s certainly not: I fink on you, I fank on you, I have funk on you.
- I kink the hose, I kank the hose, I have kunk the hose.
- I link the clues, I lank the clues, I have lunk the clues.
And if you want to delight that attractive person at the bar, absolutely stay clear of I wink at you, I wank at you, I have wunk at you. They will never, ever go home with you. Trust me on this, you’re sunk.