I like The Skimm — in fact, I subscribe — but I’m disappointed when they don’t observe the basics of English language usage:
- What do schools have to say? They’re worried about less resources and opportunities for their athletes, and how this could negatively affect female athletes.
We’ve been over this before, so it’s clear that The Skimm isn’t following this blog and taking notes scrupulously.
- Less is for things you can’t count.
- Fewer is for things you can count.
- 12 resources, 14 opportunities — fewer.
- 1,124 resources, 7,927,433 opportunities — male athletes.